Factum Foundation recorded at high-resolution and reconstructed the scattered panels of the Griffoni Polyptych. The Griffoni Polyptych is a series of sixteen tempera paintings on poplar panels painted by Francesco del Cossa and Ercole de’ Roberti in the late XV century (1473-1475). The panels were originally located in the Griffoni Chapel in San Petronio Basilica, Bologna, but the altarpiece was removed and sold in the XVIII century.
Now the panels are displayed in nine museums and collections across in Europe and North America.The Griffoni Polyptych was installed at the Basilica di San Petronio in Bologna on October 1st, 2017.
Scanning of Ercole de Roberti´s panel of San Petronio
Recording and processing 3D and colour data