Posted on: 22.07.2021 - ongoing
Download the pdf version
Factum Foundation is looking for an experienced and resourceful digital archivist to start as soon as possible, initially to work part-time on a 2-year project to digitise and publish online c. 60 manuscripts; the originals are held in c. 30 libraries across Europe and the Middle East. You would ideally be based in the Foundation’s offices in Madrid or Venice, although for a candidate able to start immediately it would be possible to work from home from elsewhere initially.
- Set up and maintain a digital content management system for the files using CONTENTdm (OCLC)
- Secure permissions for recording with manuscript-holding institutions
- Plan trips to record manuscripts (recording will be undertaken by professional photographers)
- Oversee manuscripts after the point of digital image correction, ensuring appropriate addition of metadata and formatting for online display
- Advise on IP issues involved, on future addition of metadata, and on future expansion of the archive
- Archive all project documentation
- Desirable: Advise on issues of setting up a much broader archive, involving books and documents from existing archives and private collections, still photographs, films, and 3D digital models
- Postgraduate qualification in archiving
- Experience of working on a digitisation project, and familiarity with the software and technical processes involved in formatting files and metadata for online display
- Excellent English or Spanish and very good working knowledge of the other language; Arabic would be an advantage.
The role will begin as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified. Please send cover letters and CVs to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.